Advantages of Heat Pumps
Fossil fuels burned in space and water heating are some of the largest contributors to U.S. Green House Gases emissions today. Heat pumps, when combined with low carbon electricity resources (like solar), can provide substantial emission reductions and cost savings. A variety of heat pump solutions are available to fit individual building needs including ducted, ductless, air-to-water, and other solutions.
Other advantages include:
- Provides both heating and cooling
- Provides high efficiency and performance throughout the year
- Provides comfort with multi-speed operation
- Enables grid optimization and renewable integration
- Enables zoned temperature control in different areas of the facility
- Provides improved air quality
Efficiency is what classifies heat pumps as a “clean technology” – in comparison to traditional heating and cooling systems, heat pumps use less energy to heat the same amount of space.
Heat pumps would be more effective in the long term than simply asking citizens to turn down their thermostats.
Why You (and the Planet) Really Need a Heat Pump
What kind of heat pumps would be used?
This Carbon Neutral Initiative would use 3 LG Multi V S 5-ton air-to-air heat pumps. This is the same heat pump design used for our geothermal system in the Fellowship Hall and Education Wing.
Will this save money?